CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

post #7

Are primitive cultures, like the Sawi, necessary in our present world?

I don’t think they are necessary. Why? Because the rest of the world was perfectly fine without knowing about the Sawi. It wasn’t like they cared about them. More than anything, I think the governments wanted to convert them into a modern day type of society. Primitive cultures are therefore not absolutely essential. However, it would be nice to have a few and remind us that we don’t need all our advanced technology to survive.
If the primitive cultures disappeared, I don’t think their culture would be completely destroyed, so I think they would be fine intermingling with the rest of the world. All the other modern cultures were once primitive cultures. It’s just, they adjusted little by little as time passed for a good cause. No one culture can be isolated forever. Making reservations for certain cultures is weird to me. It’s as if they are a zoo, and if animals don’t like being in one, I’m sure people will feel the same.

1 comments:

Christina Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.